Friday, August 31, 2007

Tattoo Woman

Disco legends Don Ray and Cerrone teamed up in 1977 to become their version of Kongas, which was a revolving group of several collaborators that would change the face of disco music. In that same year they released the classic funk-disco LP, Africanism. This amazing album featured great disco-funk songs like "Tattoo Woman", "Dr. Doo-Dah", the title track "Africanism" which leads into their cover of Spencer Davis Group's "Gimme Some Lovin'". This record was released on the early French Disco label Crocos Records along with the more mainstream major, Polydor. I didn't know how I felt about this album on first listen, or should I say first couple of listens, however the more I listened to it, the more I fell in love with it. And now I can't seem to stop listening to it. The album contains some solid funk-disco music with a little bit of "tongue-and-cheek" vocals which I sort of love. I should state that I now love this album so much, that I went to ebay and purchased a copy. All I can say is "take it in", and you might be hooked.

Here's my personal favorite song on the record:

Kongas - Tattoo Woman

Share on Facebook

2 comments:

MFS Equipe ♪ said...

Wowwww great post great blg ...good guy!!!! we link u soon....consider yussef affiliate!!!

MFS Equipe ♪ said...

i mean ''BLOG''