Thursday, November 03, 2011

Thank You!

I'm sad to announce that today's post will be the final one here on this site. Over the past six months I've found that I wanted to shift my focus onto other new projects which would include a new site called Village Dance Radio dedicated to jazz and Afro-Latin grooves. I hope that many of you will enjoy this new site as much as you've enjoy this one.

I admit that it was a very difficult decision to move on from this blog. Over the past 5+ years that I have been maintaining this site on a daily basis, I have had the priceless opportunity both online and in-person to meet many people from all over the world including many that I now consider friends in places like Paris, London, New York, Vancouver, Seattle, and San Francisco. It's at times acted not only as a place to share some of my favorite music, but as an online journal of my life from my grandmother passing, to me getting married (to my amazing and beautiful wife - I might add), my many cross-state moves , etc., and I just want to say thanks for all the support I've received over the years. I had no idea that a little blog like this one could result in such a wonderful place to share music on a daily basis while in the end, meeting so many new friends. I really hope that many of you continue to stay in touch as I focus on new projects including my new site which I've just added the first post. I will continue to release the Cabana Disco series as well as a new re-edit 12" on Kojak Giant Sounds later this fall/winter. I'm also flirting with the idea of starting a new Tropical-funk/jazz night in possibly either SF or Oakland.

In all, there is not much I can say other than THANK YOU! This site (which will remain up hopefully permanently as an archival site) has played a major part in my life and I'm am absolutely grateful that I had the chance to do it for so many years and share it with all of you.

This is TJ (aka Pat Les Stache) signing off with a final track from Arthur Russell (which I thought would be appropriate). Enjoy!

Arthur Russell - Let's Go Swimming (Coastal Dub version)


Share on Facebook

28 comments:

Stephen said...

Its been a fantastic blog and will be much missed! I've learnt a lot about music and been exposed to artists I would otherwise not have heard of! All the best with your new site

Damir said...

Why am I sad? I have only been following this bog and on the receiving end of GREAT music for about two years, yet I feel as if I am losing something, a friend. Always sad to see a great resource close I guess. And no worries, i will transfer my allegiance to the other site (just keep the music as good please!) Thank god this isn't politics.

Anonymous said...

nice work son, you've done good here. see you around.

-deepconcentration

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all these years. KR

Anonymous said...

merci beaucoup , and good luck

lft said...

Thank YOU TJ for nurturing our brains and whirling our bodies! you have been a special companion to this music trip. Keep it going!

LjP said...

Merci for sharing Our Passion, i'll listen you anyway
;°)

'Magic' Juan said...

Will miss this site as it has opened my eyes to many disco tracks I would have otherwise not known about. Best of luck in your new endeavors.

Anonymous said...

can you suggest other sites/links to find classic disco music?
thank you

Ra Malone said...

Thank you very much to you! And good luck with new projects.

Ra

Eleanor said...

My heart is breaking!! End of an era.

Teniente Mahouny said...

I just want to say you thank,s... thank,s for this time of new music, good feelings and always great comments...We are some people from Barcelona and we all enjoy the last times with yours post.
You are a reference in our music, mostly for me in the african Beats. I was many times in that continent and let me tell you something.... Maybe you are white like the milk, but your soul is black, deeply black....
Take care brother and good luck!

Love&Respect
Teniente Mahouny (Jordi Esgleas)

Patrice said...

Hi TJ ! .. as many people, I will miss you, your posts and all the great stuff I discovered here ..I'm glad I could listen to your music "live" when you came in Paris during summer...Have fun and hope to see you again..whatever the place! Patrice (Paris)

Disco Monk said...

Thank you for all the wonderful songs and amazing writing you have contributed to dance music. You have opened my eyes to a wide array of amazing new discoveries.

Anonymous said...

This blog has been quality from start to finish - best wishes for new ventures, will be checking them out. Rich, London

drewo said...

Thanks for the melodies.

Caslon 1 said...

sad news. absolutely one of the best music sources to ever grace the net. many thanks brother. . all the best for all you do. will keep following you on soundcloud and the new blog. peas n soul

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your wonderful work, and all these nuggets you made me discover. You will be missed

RetroRuss said...

Sad to hear your news about closing the blog TJ but pleased to hear about your other projects. We'll stay in touch anyway but if ever you're in London give me a shout!!

Mário João said...

This blog was a close friend for many years.Thank you. Mário from Azores

Sheero said...

Take a bow JT..

Anonymous said...

oh man all the great blogs are going. the wild west is over, on to new frontiers! all best

Anonymous said...

good luck with everything, such a great blog!

Wolter said...

All good things have to come to an end, but this has been a fantastic blog, showcasing fantastic (mostly) lost music - Thanks for all your efforts. Checking out your new site already....

Brian said...

Thanks for all the years of great tunes, Mr. Les Stache!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great music. One of the best!

Anonymous said...

NOOOO!!!

thanks for al these great sharings

love from amsterdam

pinchu said...

muchísimas gracias, ha sido un blog estupendo, una de las principales fuentes de donde he bebido estos últimos tiempos, muy buen trabajo, sí señor, suerte con tus nuevas historias, saludos desde España