Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Dizzy!

With Dizzy Gillespie being one of my all-time favorite jazz artists, and today being his birthday(Thanks to Google for the reminder), I thought I would pay tribute to the jazz legend by featuring another one of my favorite tracks by Gillespie in "N'Bani". This funky track was featured on Gillespie's 1970 album The Real Thing. As I've probably mentioned before on this site (see Funky Manteca), Gillespie was one of the first jazz artists I grew to enjoy and really appreciate. His music was the start of me opening up to jazz music in general and it has since played a major influence on me musically. With that being said, he would have been 94 years old today and even though he is not with us physically anymore, his music is still very much alive and breathing in many of us. So here is to you Dizzy, Happy Birthday!

Dizzy Gillespie - N'Bani



And as a bonus...

Dizzy Gillespie - Manteca


Share on Facebook

1 comment:

beats said...

Hey there..!! Thank you for sharing this with us..!!