Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Moussaka

Here is one my favorite cuts in "Moussaka" from jazz trumpeter Eddie Henderson. This funky and yet soulful jazz gem was featured on Henderson's brilliant 1974 Inside Out album which features an incredible cast of musicians including Buster Williams (bass), Herbie Hancock (electric piano & keys), Bennie Maupin (clarinet, flute, saxophone), Billy Hart (drums) and Bill Summers (congas). If you find yourself really enjoying this track, I highly recommend checking out many of the trumpeter's other records from this era including Realization, Sunburst, and Heritage.

This is a great example of the kind of music I'll be featuring on my new upcoming online radio show Village Dance Radio, which will debut starting in November. On this new radio show I will also be focusing on rare Afro-Latin gems, spiritual jazz cuts, and a blend of Tropical disco. Just think this blog shifted more to the jazz side of things. Anyways, I'm very excited to start this new project and I look forward to sharing it with all of you. Until then, enjoy this funky track by Eddie Henderson.

Eddie Henderson - Moussaka



After your done listening, play bingo online.

Share on Facebook

1 comment:

Wolter said...

Nice selection - but doesn't beat "Inside You" IMO (Love that track!)