Friday, September 18, 2009

Let It Happen

I've been a fan of Demis Roussos for quite sometime. The David Mancuso-look alike has released some amazing disco-friendly cuts during the later half of the seventies including "L.O.V.E. Got A Hold Of Me" and "I Dig You". That being said, I find that the Greek singer's music can sometimes be a bit of a "hit-or-miss". I find that I can't really get into many of his slower songs, which unfortunitely dominated the material of most of his releases. However, his uptempo and more danceable music was pretty remarkable which brings me to his 1977 album cut "Let It Happen". One of the two amazing songs (the other being "I Dig You") off his The Demis Roussos Magic LP. This funky track helps capture the brilliance of Demis Roussos when he is at his best. Looking back, I just wish he would of explored the more disco/funky-side of his music a bit more. Enjoy the weekend!

Demis Roussos - Let It Happen


Share on Facebook

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

rien à voir avec L.O.V.E.
(tiens, encore un week end en solitaire à revendre des films queer aux freaks de Sophia)

professor Eddy said...

I totally agree, Pat! His Mediterranean sounding tracks from the early and mid seventies are quite boring, but his disco songs are dance floor classics. He has a new album out, btw. And his new single 'Love is' has been remixed by Dimitri From Paris. Check it out, it's cool!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing another great song that I've never heard before. I've been grumpy all day and this has really cheered me up. I think I may have to play this at my 30th birthday party in two weeks. Have a great weekend and thank you!

MZLEE83 said...

I've only known this song as being by Vangeles...I like this cut though, who actually wrote it?

professor Eddy said...

It was written by Vangelis. He wrote more songs for his former band member of Aphrodite's Child, like 'I dig you' (which was called 'Who' at first).

http://www.discogs.com/Demis-Roussos-The-Demis-Roussos-Magic/release/1666050

Anonymous said...

Demis was in Simpsons what Streisand is in South Park
Hopefully I hate the Simpsons, that make me like your songs without this kind of mothers

Wiz of Oslo said...

Hypnotic, atmospheric jungle groove! Never heard this track before. Even better than "L.O.V.E" and "I Dig You". Hard to believe it's the same King of Schmaltz that did "Forever and Ever"...

Thanks, Pat for sharing this gem!

Jay Watts III said...

Heard the Lindstrom cover and the Vangelis version with FR David singing (and was actually going to post them on my blog today!), but never this one - thanks!