Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Feed The Flame

One my favorite tracks that I enjoy to break out every Wednesday is Lorraine Johnson's 1978 hi-energy disco classic "Feed The Flame". This track originally appeared on Johnson's second LP Learning To Dance All Over Again and was produced by Jesse Boyce and Moses Dillard, whom have been part of many solid disco projects including Saturday Night Band, Constellation Orchestra and Frisky. "Feed The Flame" is definitely my favorite cut from Johnson, however I also highly recommend people to check out her 1977 single "The More I Get, The More I Want" which was featured on her solid debut album. Overall, it's a perfect disco cut to play at those peaking hours on the dancefloor.

Lorraine Johnson - Feed The Flame

Share on Facebook

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great track with a great violin riff.

pipecock said...

"I also highly recommend people to check out her 1977 single 'The More I Get, The More I Want'"

hilarious considering the fact that that 12" is one of the rarest preludes and goes for hundreds of dollars! ;P

Andy said...

LOVE that cover! It's hilarious and awesome. The font, gold pants, the hair...
and the track is FUN! Thanks!! :)

Anonymous said...

you have such a great blog...keep up the good work. thank you for the goodies. :)

Mr B said...

check FRISKY too