Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Journey To The Light

Let's start the week off with one of the funkiest jazz gems I think I've ever heard in Carlos Garnett's 1974 cut "Chana". This track was originally released off of the Panamanian-American jazz saxophonist's full-length album Journey To Enlightenment which features some nice percussion work by Charles Pulliam(congas), Neil Clarke(percussion), and Howard King(Drums). The track, as well as the rest of the album, has an overall funky spiritual jazz feel that, at least for me, is simply addicting to listen to. With "Chana", Garnett proves again how funky spiritual jazz can actually be. Enjoy!

Carlos Garnett - Chana


Share on Facebook

2 comments:

soulie said...

Sweet.

Regards.


os
Hofi & kiki - 24 hrs in a disco a & b sides do you still want a copy.

Pat Les Stache said...

Yes, please send me a copy to my email dwr_media@yahoo.com. I would love to feature the track on the blog.

Thanks again Soulie!