Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Waiting To Insure Love With You

The late Sharon Redd sang on some solid disco cuts during the late 1970's and early 1980's including Beat The Street, Can You Handle It, You Got My Love , Love Is Gonna Get Ya , among many others. One of my favorite tracks in which Redd sang on was Front Page's 1979 disco classic "Love Insurance". This classic which was produced by Rick Tell, Burt Szerlip, and Cory Robbins, is a hi-energy dancefloor gem that really helped showcase Sharon Redd as a solid lead vocalist. As I listen to this track I also find that I'm a huge fan of tracks instrumental breaks, displaying some nice percussion and overall rhythm work. Overall it's classic disco song, that really helps highlight Sharon Redd at her finest.

Front Page - Love Insurance

HUGE REMINDER:


Rong Music's Ben Cook makes his first appearance on the Seattle deejaying scene TONIGHT at Havana's Studio!, 9pm-2am. Hope to see you there!

Share on Facebook

1 comment:

RayRay said...

Great track. I remember buying the 12" back in 1979 and playing it to death.