Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Now That I've Found Love

Alec Costandinos was one of disco's most active and greatest song writers and producers. This Egyptian born musician had a knack for producing some of disco's most epic compositions. After Costandinos co-wrote Cerrone's classic LP Love In 'C' Minor in 1977, he was offered a contract with the French label, Barclay Records. Shortly after signing, Costandinos wrote and produced Love & Kisses self-titled LP. This record consisted of two 16-plus minute tracks in "I've Found Love (Now That I've Found You)" and "Accidental Lover" which showcased his ability to write complex disco anthems. This LP was also significant to the disco scene because it introduced the world to writer/producer Don Ray who helped arrange and conduct the Love & Kisses record, as well as introducing "The Birds Of Paris", as Costandinos like to call them, which was a vocal group featuring Sue Glover, Stephanie DeSykes, Sunny Leslie, Vicki Brown and Joanne Stone. This record helped jumpstart Costandinos solo career which consisted more Love & Kisses records, along with some amazing concept records including Sumeria's Golden Tears LP. After listening to a just a few of Costandinos' compositions, it's easy to see how he was one of disco's most brilliant minds.

Love & Kisses - I've Found Love (Now That I've Found You)

Share on Facebook

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Alec R Costandinos is my favorite producer of the era--more so than Giorgio Moroder, Cerrone, etc. Not to take away anything from Moroder and Cerrone (whom I also love), but his 16+ minute disco epics were always so interesting to me musically. For me, his Romeo & Juliet concept album is the pinnacle of disco music. Growing up, I must have played that album a few hundred times.

osses said...

Greatest producer,greatest violins in business.Every long disco suite is perfect starting from epic Romeo and Juliet,notre dam hunchback ,and spinx project..Love and kisses tracks ale outstanding to..they rule the floor till now.I also love Beaty and beast truck from how much i love album!big up