Monday, December 29, 2008

A Plastic Suprise...Get On Board

One of the best personal discoveries of 2008 was finding a used copy of Plastic Surprise's 1980 album Bang Bang. I found this record while digging through stacks of records back in November. I never really heard of Plastic Surprise before, however I thought a record that looked this good had to have at least one solid gem on it. That being said, with one listen I was definitely hooked. The record which includes four solid disco cuts including "Bang, Bang (You Got The Money)", "Disco Express" (a personal favorite), "Got To Have Your Love", and "Hot Nights" was produced by Peter Di Milo, whom also helped produce those classic Erotic Drum Band records. After doing some research, I've found that the Bang Bang lp is pretty rare and can go for quite a hefty price, therefore making this record one of this year's best finds!

Plastic Surprise - Disco Express

Share on Facebook

2 comments:

Trag said...

Wow, what a fantastic cut. Thanks for the gift!

Anonymous said...

One of my all time favourite disco tracks ! Absolutely great!
I've been looking for a picture of the album cover for almost a year, so I can imigine how lucky you are to have found the vinyl LP !

peter, holland