Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Disco Underdog

Jorge Santana LP 1978 Album ArtworkIf your a big fan of disco re-edit 12-inches, like myself, then I would reccommend checking out the Underdog Edits. I'm not exactly sure of the producer or producers who contribute the re-edits, with only a huge number stamp acting as the records only label artwork, however I've been able to track down the artists and songs that are actually being re-edited. This re-edit series has already released eleven singles and a box set that include some classic cuts by some great artists like Jackson 5, James Brown, Willie Hutch, LTG Exchange, Billy Nichols, Gloria Gaynor, and ESG to name a few. One of my favorite singles from this series is Underdog Edits: Vol. 6 which features Jorge Santana's 1978 disco cut "Darling I Love You" and Jamie Principle's 1986 post-italo dance classic "Your Love". All the edits in this series tend to be based around a few of the tracks stronger points extended, to hover around that ten plus minute mark. Regardless, if you enjoy re-edits and newer extended mixes of classic disco, soul, and funk songs, I would try to hunt down some of these Underdog edits.

Jorge Santana - Darling I Love You (Underdog Edit)

Share on Facebook

8 comments:

J3Concepts said...

Love your blog mate, have for a long time now. I always find some great gems here, stuff you can't find anywhere else. Here's to you.

Pat Les Stache said...

Thanks for the kind words. I'll continue to do my best to bring the classic rare gems.

Bobby Breidholt said...

Jorge! Discovery of the year so far. Cheers. I agree with j3 about the loveage.

Unknown said...

The one I have been desperately trying to get my hands on is the edit of Diana Ross' "Love Hangover" that only came with the boxed set. Can't seem to find it for lonve nor money
kev

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

underdog edits are by leonard part sixx
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=43347848
out of chicago.

www.kingdrake.com

Peter said...

hi athlete,

I have the jorge santana's darling I love you on 12'' for a long time now, but I would be extremely thankful if you could post it again here because I would like to use an mp3 next week to play.

cheers dp

the saucer people said...

I was hoping that you might repost Jorge Sanatana's 'Darling I Love You' re-edit by Underdog on your one thousand post milestone...erm a 1000 to one chance I know..still maybe if I keep wishing ;)