Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Riding A Horse Through Casablanca

A great reissue that should be hitting the record shops shortly is the hard-to-find 1979 Guy Delo conducted self-titled LP by the italian disco group Roots. This should be exciting news to most disco collectors, especially since the original can cost quite a pretty penny. I don't know about you, but I'll take a reissue over a ridiculously priced original any day. The Roots' self-titled record has an overall funky, yet 'sassy' feel to it, with the song's most standout cut "Sheriff's Horse" capturing the record's overall theme to perfection. While I don't believe any of the other tracks match the appeal of "Sheriff's Horse", there are some other interesting and worth owning cuts like "(What are you doing) in Casablanca" and "Sophisticated". Overall, this is one of the records I've been looking to find for quite some time, therefore, I'm very excited to see the reissue of this very hard-to-find disco gem.

Roots - Sheriff's Horse
Roots - (What are you doing) in Casablanca

Share on Facebook

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this lp , Thanks Pat.

professor Eddy said...

This song has the worst Humphrey Bogart imitation I've ever heard... ;-) Nice track though!

Pat Les Stache said...

The Bogart comparison is dead on, I love it. That being said, I love the vocals in a very tongue-in-cheek way.