Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A New York Nugget

A classic Celso Valli produced track that I've really been into as of late, is Nuggets' 1979 disco gem "New York". I was fortunate to find a twelve-inch promo version of the track this past year. This funky track, is one of my all-time favorite Valli-produced songs, reminding me a bit of the later Macho material. The individual songs on this record kind of just cut off (I apologize), as the whole record tends to just run right together into one long mix. Regardless, it's just another amazing disco classic produced by a true legend in Celso Valli. ENJOY!

Nuggets - New York



SPEAKING OF NEW YORK:

I will be in New York from June 5th to June 9th, and would to love deejay somewhere if there's any openings. Fill free to email me if you want to book me or let me know of any great 'disco nights' that will be happening. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Share on Facebook

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No no, not my cup of tea...

ACE

Pat Les Stache said...

It's suprising to me how many people have individually told me that they dislike this Nuggets track. Yes there is a bit of a 'Village People' sound to it, however I love the anthem-esque vibe that it has.

I would love to hear from more of you about how you feel about the track, good or bad.

Unknown said...

Hm, Sharegroove is the best trainspotting disco night in NYC that I know of

http://www.myspace.com/sharegroove

Unknown said...

Hey dude!!

Come play at my nights!! Get in touch at loveumeanit@gmail.com

xxxx,
Timmy