Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Love to See You Dancin'

Another used twelve-inch I was excited to recently pick-up was Grey and Hanks 1978 single "Dancin'". This funky classic is probably my personal favorite from the duo made-up of Zane Grey and Len Ron Hanks. This disco cut is also featured on the group's You Fooled Me album and contains a nice groove that features a bit more funky instrumentation and a lot less lead vocals, which in this case is probably a good thing. The song has nice overall uplifting disco feel to it that can work nicely on any given dancefloor. That being said, I feel like this track goes a bit underneath the radar, so I would love to know how people feel about it.

Grey and Hanks - Dancin'


Share on Facebook

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW - I don't even remember this one, but i like it!!

Andrea

Anonymous said...

This is a NYC classic -Peter Rabbit's baby. What's this 78-79? Thanks

Anonymous said...

could live without the vocals but i like the piano and the groove is pretty nice by the 5th minute. one guy's opinion.

Keep up to date on our adventures. said...

This was samples in the last few years in a big room house track...Cant quite remember who did....

RayRay said...

A true classic from 1978. One of my my faves. This always got people up and dancing back in the day.