Friday, October 30, 2009

Release The Beat

As you might of noticed, I didn't update this site yesterday. The reason for this is because I received a nasty virus lat in the afternoon which pretty much disabled my computer from getting on the Internet. I believe I've destroyed the virus, however it seems like there was plenty of damage left behind. I am now updating this blog on my wife's (Thanks Stace!) laptop until I can purchase a new one, which I am doing in the next day or two. I had already planned to buy a new computer, however this annoying incident has definitely sped up the process. So for about a week, my updates my be a little more sporadic (I apologize). I'll do my best to continue to update this site the best I can for the next week or so until I'm back at full strength.

That being said, here is the track and post I meant to share with you yesterday. By the way the file is clean so you don't have to worry about me passing along a virus to you. Thanks again for every one's support. It's just another incident in the life of me right now.
-----------------

Here is one of my favorite tracks from Honest Jon's recently re-issued record compilation of Cedric "Im" Brooks' finest recordings. This funky cut, titled "Africa", has an overall Afro-beat/ Fela Kuti groove that I think disco enthusiasts can enjoy. I can't say that I can totally get into all of the Jamaican saxophonist's music, as I find that some of his songs are a bit too Reggae sounding for personal taste, however he does have plenty of selections on this compilation that fans of Fela Kuti and Afro-beat can really enjoy. Anyways, have a fun Halloween and be safe!

Cedric "Im" Brooks - Africa


Share on Facebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just discovered your blog, and have to say I'm already glued to each post, personal and yet inspiring to check the tunes. Keep up the good work, I now have a face to the cabana disco ep I picked up over at Juno. Cheers.

Niceclick said...

Nice and interesting blog.
Thank you for sharing your music.
You should consider getting a Mac.