Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Cocoa Funk

As I mentioned in my end of the year post, I'm going to make a major part of this year, on this blog, about opening up to a lot of funky "crossover" gems that maybe fit a little bit outside the "disco" label. I hope to touch upon a lot of the forgotten African, Latin, and jazz gems from the seventies. With that being said, here is a funky latin-flavoured jazz cut that I've been listening to a lot lately in Carlos Franzetti's "Cocoa Funk". This funky track was featured on Franzetti's amazing 1977 album Grafitti that successfully blends latin percussion and strings alongside the keyboardist's moog, electric, and rhodes piano arrangements. Let's just say there is plenty of funky tracks on this album to go around. Anyways, the Grafitti album was reissued a couple years back which makes it a bit easier to hunt down. Anyways, it's a great track from a solid record that I highly recommend checking out.

Carlos Franzetti - Cocoa Funk


Share on Facebook

2 comments:

The Neurotic Brothers said...

Hi Pat! Nice to see you enjoying an artist from Argentina, my country

Regards

Troy said...

Hey there,
Great post , bought this for my girlfriend for xmas , amazing record!! cocoa funk and lady soho are favs..