Thursday, March 04, 2010

Mucho Macho Revisited

Recently someone asked me to re-post Macho's 1977 erotic disco gem "Mucho Macho" and I thought it would be a good chance to clear up some misled facts about the track that I've discovered over the past year. When I first posted this track almost two years I just assumed that the song was written and produced by the same Macho group that did "I'm a Man", however after some research, that assumption was wrong. This track was released by a different group named Macho, which consisted of two members from The Fatback Band in Bill Curtis, who is credited as a co-writer, and Gerry Thomas who is credited as the song's arranger. The other co-writer of the song is Richard Cromwell, who also wrote a number of songs to The Fatback Band. The "Mucho Macho" track was originally released as a seven-inch single that was divided into two parts and was later remixed to bring both parts of the song together into one extended version. Now that I've cleared up any confusion that I might have caused from previous posts, we can sit back and enjoy this erotic-cosmic gem. Enjoy!

Macho - Mucho Macho (Part 1 & 2)


Share on Facebook

No comments: