Friday, November 17, 2006

We can make love while listening to Death From Above...Remixes

You Should Too!
Here is a couple of impressive remixes that crew at DFA have put together. Both have been growing on me the more I listen to them. First off is Captain's "Frontline" that starts off with a very Delia Gonzalez & Gavin Russom-spacey-arpeggio vibe. It builds on constant layering with sparse vocals. Give this song a few listens and you will start to grow on all the different directions it takes you. Second, is the much anticipated, much hyped Justin Timberlake "My Love" remix. Unlike everyone else, I haven't been feeling the new Timberlake album, I just doesn't hit me like Justified suprisingly did. However, I have to say that I'm really enjoy this remix, it takes out all the things I didn't like about the original(i.e. the rap vocals) and replaces them with much more, how do I say, "DFA-ness". This DFA remix takes off where Goldfrapp's amazing "Slide In" ended. The way this song sounds is I guess what I expected from the album from the get-go. Anyways, here are two great new remixes from the growing powerhouse of James Murphy and Tim Goldsworthy.

Captain - Frontline (DFA remix)
Justin Timberlake - My Love (DFA remix)

Share on Facebook

No comments: