Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I L.O.V.E Disco

I don't have a lot of time today, however I won't leave you hanging. So here are by far, my favorite two disco tracks from Demis Roussos. The first is a Todd Terje edit of the classic '77 disco gem "I Dig You". This song is a true disco classic with a touch of tango brilliance. You can find the original off of the The Demis Roussos Magic LP, released the same year. Second is the classic '78 dancefloor love song, "L.O.V.E Got A Hold Of Me", which originally came off the self-titled album Demis Roussos. I just wish Roussos wrote more songs like these. Enjoy.

Demis Roussos - I Dig You(Todd Terje re-edit)
Demis Roussos - L.O.V.E Got A Hold Of Me

Also, after this post, Liam Dunne, aka, Lmd64 sent me a nice re-edit of Demis Roussos' "Midnight is the Time". Check it out:

Demis Roussos - Midnight is the Time (Lmd64 Salsoul remix)

PLEASE NOTE:I leave for NY tomorrow, so if you know any good record stores, go ahead and send me a list either in the comments area of this blog, or fill free to email them to me at dwr_media@yahoo.com. Thanks, I greatly appreciate it.

Share on Facebook

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. Thanks for a great blog!

Here are some of the places i go to when i visit New York.
Manhattan
Academy: 10th or 11th st. betw 3rd & 4th ave. I always find some nice things in the boxes on the floor.
A1: E 6th st betw 1st & A

Brooklyn
Fat Records: Meserole & Leonard (1 block east of Manhattan ave)
Academy: N 6th betw Driggs & Roebling
Junk: Driggs & N 9th it's really worthwhile to look thru the dusty boxes on the floor

Hope you have a great time!

Mark said...

Tons of great stores in NYC but most are over-priced.
At A1 go straight to the crates underneath the real records for the $1 finds.

Also try Norman's which is on 3rd Ave between 7th and St. Mark's. Go straight to the basement and on weekends its all half price (sometimes you need to remind them).

Around the corner on St. Mark's is Kim's which has a decent selection of vinyl upstairs.

You could also try Gimmie Gimmie Records on 5th between 1st and 2nd which is only open Thur - Sunday.

truck!zero said...

You probly hear this like a jillion times a day, but your posts are of such an elite caliber.. whew! I can't think of any other spot that holds the bar so consistently high.
YOU ARE THE GLASS CEILING!

Unknown said...

just recently discovered your blog and already you've cost me to spend a small fortune on new records! keep up the good work and enjoy NYC.

Barry said...

Your blog is great. It makes the miracle of a sunny day in Ireland all the sweeter.