Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hangin' Heavy

Black Ivory - Hangin' Heavy LPBefore Salsoul recording artist Logg released the classic 1981 disco 12-inch I Know You Will, members Leroy Burgess and Russell Patterson were pumping out disco hits with another group called Black Ivory. Black Ivory is best known for their 1979 disco hit "Mainline", which orginally appeared on the Hangin' Heavy LP. This Buddah Records release is a soulful disco cut that captures the similiar groove that Logg's "I Know You Will" successfully captured a few years later. I recently picked up a re-pressing of this 12-inch, and I have to say that I can't stop listening to it, the song seems to grow on me much like "I Know You Will" did with each listen. Great soulful disco.

Black Ivory - Mainline

Share on Facebook

No comments: