Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On The Other Side of Midnight

A song that randomly came up on my ipod, that I've been enjoying today is Marsha Hunt's 1977 rare disco classic "The Other Side of Midnight". This hard-to-find gem became a favorite of legendary deejay Larry Levan during his day's at the Paradise Garage. The track has a solid, enjoyable mid-tempo funky groove that can work nicely on either the dancefloor as well as a 'mid day pick-me-up'. Regardless, I hadn't come across this track in a while, and it was much needed for my slow moving afternoon.

Marsha Hunt - The Other Side of Midnight

Share on Facebook

1 comment:

vinylnerd said...

this is one of my secret squirrel faves since i came across it several years ago - this shorter single is the one to go for, as the 12" mix is Pete Bellote's production, but with ridiculous echo in certain sections that doesn't work, and then in the middle it goes into "Heartache"..... and back again to "Midnight"....the whole edit/arrangement of the 12" mix is weird, and not in a good way.

keep up the good work!