Friday, June 19, 2009

Nassau Gone Funky

I think I'll end the week by continuing with the funky "tropical treats", as I like to do during the warmer summertime months, with The Beginning Of The End's early 1970's gem "Come Down" off the group's debut record Funky Nassau. Now this song definitely doesn't match-up to the group's most notable break-through titled track "Funky Nassau", however "Come Down" makes for a nice complimentary album cut that can still definitely stand all on it's own. With that being said, a lot of the same elements that make "Funky Nassau" an all-time classic, musically exist in the follow-up single. I definitely enjoy playing both tracks, sometimes even in the same set. I will go out on a limb and say that if the Nassau native group never wrote "Funky Nassau", the "Come Down" track would have recieved much more praise and attention.

The Beginning Of The End - Come Down



And because it's one of my all-time favorite songs, here is "Funky Nassau":

The Beginning Of The End - Funky Nassau pt.1


Share on Facebook

No comments: