Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Magic City Disco

Sometimes I find that the instrumental B-side of a disco twelve outshines the A-side. In my opinion, Magic City's 1979 twelve-inch single of "Let's Rock" is one of those times. I don't dislike the A-side, I just find myself drawn to the extend groove of the B-side which clock in just over nine minutes. This track was produced by Harry Wayne Casey and Richard Finch who also produced a number of other great disco records by artists like George McCrae, Gwen McCrae, Jimmy Bo Horne, KC & The Sunshine Band, and others. The instrumental version of "Let's Rock" has funky dancefloor friendly feel with a background sound of a live party throughout (which I generally always enjoy). Regardless, I hope you enjoy it!

Magic City feat. Fire - Let's Rock (Instrumental)


Share on Facebook

No comments: