Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Seattle Files: Memory #2

It's safe to say that some of my best nights in Seattle took place last summer when me and H.M.A. where putting on the Studio! disco parties at Havanna. During the warmer months, this was home to one of the best disco weekly nights this town has seen in a while. But then again, I'm fairly biased, especially since it was my night. However, what was even more important than the night, were all the people I met and the music we shared during the duration of the weekly party. From the bartenders, to the guest deejays, to more importantly the people whom had come to party and dance, it was a good vibe all the way around. Music wise, there were many crowd favorites that me and H.M.A. would play throughout the night, so singling out a specific song for this post has definitely been challenging. That being said, one of the many songs I personally will associate with the night is Capricorn's 1980 italo gem "Pow Pow Pow". Now I understand that this is a great song, however there's something about the people that would attend Studio! on a Wednesday night that would just make them go crazy for this track. I've played it out in other cities and venues, but not to the same effect that it had on this specific crowd. A person could be walking out the door near the end of the night, and yet when I dropped this track they would turn right back around and jump back on the dancefloor. I will definitely never forget those summer nights, where for a short span of time, a small group of young people got together and partied it up to disco, even when many of us had to get up and go to work in the morning.

Capricorn - Pow Pow Pow


Share on Facebook

2 comments:

chuckdafonk said...

Beautiful fellas, amazing. Danke!

cHUCk dA fONk

Lesley said...

That was seriously one of the best nights I've ever had out, ever. And I remember every time I would try to leave, y'all would throw down another amazing track and I would have to dance just a little more.

Aww, we'll miss you! But I know you'll have an amazing time in SF!

Take care TJ!