Monday, October 12, 2009

Closer, Closer

Another artist that I have meaning to feature on this blog is Celi Bee. I have collected a couple of her records over the years including Blow My Mind, Alternating Currents, and Celi Bee & The Buzzy Bunch. Many of her best tracks were produced by her husband and disco producer Pepe Luis Soto. You might have seen him mentioned on this site before for his production work on the Rice & Beans Orchestra releases. Even though I own a few of Celi Bee's albums, I do tend to be a bit hit-or-miss with her music. Here is one of my personal favorites, titled "Closer, Closer" from her 1977 album Celi Bee & The Buzzy Bunch. Enjoy.

Celi Bee & The Buzzy Bunch - Closer, Closer


Share on Facebook

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Celi Bee put out quite a few hits "Macho" "Superman" and "Fly Me" (On The Wings Of Love)" being her best known (of course you already knew that), a good friend of mine met her recently here in Miami and says she is doing fine..

btw big fan of anything on TK Records, any info from that label would be great!

Ralph Mendo said...

Smoooth!

Nicolas Drosos said...

Simply gorgeous!!!