Thursday, December 03, 2009

African Zombie

I haven't had much time to update this blog this week. My work-related visit to Seattle has been a bit more hectic than I expected. I certainly do apoligize as this will robably be my last post until Monday. Anyways, if I have to cut out early, what better way then to end the week with a Fela Kuti classic. Here is his 1977 Afro-beat classic "Zombie". This track, in my opinion, is one of his best tracks that he ever wrote. The song was the title track to the 1977 record that also feature solid cuts "Monkey Banana", and "Everything Scatter". Overall, another gem from Afro-beat's finest.

Fela Kuti & Afrika 70 - Zombie


Share on Facebook

1 comment:

drewo said...

Thanks Pat. I just picked up tickets for a February performance of Bill T. Jones' "Fela!", just opened on Broadway. Reviews have been great so far.
http://theater.nytimes.com/2009/11/24/theater/reviews/24fela.html