Wednesday, April 07, 2010

The Natives Are Restless

I'm away from my computer for most of the day, so I thought I would keep it simple and just re-post Ray Martinez's tribal disco classic "The Natives Are Restless". This funky track was featured on Martinez's 1980 Lady of the Night record. Even though the Cuban born musician and songwriter produced many great disco records for many different disco groups/artists including Foxy, Passion, and George McCrae, the Lady of the Night record represents his only work under his real name. The entire four-song record is pretty solid from start to finish, however his production of "The Natives Are Restless" is the record's true masterpiece in my opinion, and definitely a song I never get tired of sharing. Enjoy!

Ray Martinez - The Natives Are Restless


Share on Facebook

No comments: