Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Rhythm of Life

Feelin' pretty tired from last night's Grow Up party. Thanks to Sean Boogie for coming out and playing an amazing set! Those that didn't make it out, really missed out. Anyways, I need a little "pick-me-up" to get me through the rest of the day, therefore here is the uptempo soulful fusion gem "Free" by James Mason. This funky track was originally included on Mason's very rare 1977 album Rhythm of Life. Whenever I come across the original, I find that it generally goes for a few hundred dollars. The album nicely blends together funky jazz fusion instrumentation alongside soulful female vocals. A great record for those that enjoy soulful spiritual jazz. Enjoy!

James Mason - Free


Share on Facebook

4 comments:

soulie said...

As the Fast Shows 'Jazzman would say 'Nice'

Regards

PS
Pat did you check out the file address i sent you for the Fast Show?

'Magic' Juan said...

This is SWEET! Would you happen to know who does the lead vocals on this jam?

Sheero said...

Love James Mason, "I want your love" is one of my all time tracks. 'Magic' Juan, Clarice Taylor does the vocals on the album. Cheers.

'Magic' Juan said...

Thank you, Sheero :-)