Monday, September 21, 2009

The Seattle Files: Memory #1

As I've shared before on this blog, I'm moving to San Francisco and I'm currently in my last three days of living in beautiful Seattle, which I will deeply miss. Usually I'm not into doing themes, however this week will be an exception as I share the songs that compliment some of my favorite Seattle memories. For one week, these upcoming posts won't be so much about the music but the memory, therefore it won't be the most "exotic" selection, however one that remains close to me and the great times I had here in the Pacific Northwest. So I hope you enjoy!

Seattle will always hold a special place in my heart because it was the place that me and my wife, Stacy, got married. Not only was it the best decision of my life to marry Stacy, but it was just as amazing decision of how we went about getting hitched. Not to bore you with details, we basically decided that we hate traditional weddings, therefore we thought we would just go to the courthouse and do the proceedings and then spend all the money that one usually spends on a grand wedding and throw the best party we could with all our friends and family. Long story short, it turned out to be a great decision as our "reception-style" party turned out to be one of the best nights of my life. Friends and family, near and far came and we all spent the night dancing and drinking until most of us were passed out. That brings me to Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band's 1976 "Cherchez La Femme/ C'est Si Bon". H.M.A. of the T.M.L. blog deejayed that night, and played this track as our "first dance". I love this song in general, however since that party, it's become even more special to both me and Stacy. The song's overall "happy mood" also captures the overall feeling of the entire night...very joyous!


Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band -
Cherchez La Femme/ C'est Si Bon



Share on Facebook

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! Thanks for posting this!!
lovin your site man!!

professor Eddy said...

That's funny: I wrote about 'Cherchez la femme' on my blog last Saturday:

http://professoreddy.blogspot.com/2009/09/disco-lounge.html

Great minds think alike, I guess... :-) It's a good track, I totally agree!

Anonymous said...

How romantic!! Hope you two have LOTS OF BABIES!!!.............................."You married a beautiful woman. And whitey's on the moon!"

FUSE1TON,DJ said...

congragulations from new york city!!, i'm happy to hear such a beautiful story!!
good luck with your move!!

Bethany said...

Thank you for posting this! Makes me want to go back in time 7 years and make it my first dance too. :D

Anonymous said...

beautiful song, but "for misery, look for the woman," as the first dance?

:^)