Friday, April 02, 2010

African Chain Gang

I'm ending the week with one of the many great tracks off of Black Blood's hard-to-find 1977 Blood Brother, Blood Sister album, titled "Muko Wapi (African Chain Gang)". I actually own this album and the group's 1975 A.I.E. full-length, which interestingly features some of the same songs including "A.I.E. (A Mwana)", "Ewohe Dance", and "Kiswahili". Even though both records are very solid and have their distinguished upsides, I think I slightly favor their 1977 release a bit more. I think the Blood Brother, Blood Sister LP has just a little "more meat on the bone" as they say, with funky cuts like "Wela Wela", "Be Happy", and of course "Muko Wapi (African Chain Gang)". Overall, Black Blood in my opinion is one of the better African disco groups that ever existed, therefore I highly recommend snatching up just about each and every release that your lucky enough to find. Enjoy!

Black Blood - Muko Wapi (African Chain Gang)


Share on Facebook

No comments: