Monday, August 23, 2010

More Mwana

At this point it's pretty much safe to say that there are a number of different re-edits out there of Black Blood's mid seventies Afro classic "A.I.E. (A Mwana)". With a song of this caliber to start with, it's certainly hard to produce anything other than a great result. Therefore most of the edits I've heard of this track, have been overall pretty solid. That being said I think Special T-Kolai re-edit of this funky African disco classic, which was featured on the Space Lab Yellow Phase 2 compilation, stands above the rest. One of the reason's I feel this way is about 4:15 into the track, there is a sudden break that dives into a funky saxophone solo that helps re-energize the second half of the song. The saxophone solo isn't something I re-call in the original version, therefore I wouldn't be surprised if this was something DJ Taha Elroubi and flutist Nicolas Laget, who along with some session musicians make up Special T-Kolai, added to the edit. Regardless, it's an absolutely amazing edit of an already true African disco classic. Enjoy!

Black Blood - A.I.E. A Mwana (T-Kolai Special Edit)


Share on Facebook

No comments: