Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Where are all the Disco Dancers?

Lately I've been getting into Bob McGilpin's second LP, Get Up. This record was released in 1979 on Butterfly Records (a label that released many of my all-time favorite disco records). This record consists of some solid disco classics including "54", "Get Up & Do It Again", "Get Loose", my personal favorite in "Disco Dancer", and the record's single "Sexy Thing". This was McGilpin's last great record in my opinion, with his 1980 self-titled follow-up creating little excitement. However that being said, I think McGilpin, like many disco artists, put together some solid disco releases within a relatively short amount of time during the late 1970's.

Bob McGilpin - Disco Dancer

Share on Facebook

1 comment:

professor Eddy said...

Yes, a nice one! It sounds a bit like Dennis Parker.