Monday, May 03, 2010

Disco in Dakar

Because I couldn't help to wait any further, here is the third re-edit off of the soon to be released twelve Cabana Disco Vol.04. This re-edit of Black Soul's 1977 Afro funk gem "Dakar Sound" rounds out the fourth edition of the Cabana Disco Series which also includes re-edits of Buari's "Advice From Father" and Chocolat's "African Choco". As many might know, I also did an edit of Black Soul's "Black Soul Music", however in the end I decided to go with this edit of "Dakar Sound". That being said I hope to, at some point, release the other edit as well. As far as the release of the new Cabana Disco twelve, the record should be available in stores worldwide in a little over a week, therefore look for it at your prefer ed record shop soon. You can now pre-order a copy of the limited edition twelve-inch right now at Piccadilly Records. Of course I will keep everyone posted on when the record is actually released. I'm very excited to get this new twelve out to everyone as I think the record serves as a nice addition to the ever growing Cabana Disco series. I would love to hear everyone's feedback on this edit and the others that appear on the record. Enjoy!

Black Soul - Dakar Sound (Pat Les Stache Re-edit)


Share on Facebook

No comments: