Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Journey On The Starship

Norman Connors has always been one of those artists that I've always wanted to get into, however until very recently have never heard a song that really moved me. This all changed when I picked up a copy of his 1977 Romantic Journey LP which featured of the best songs that I have heard in quite sometime with "Once I've Been There". This cut, which is the album's single, is definitely more upbeat and danceable then many of his more, should I say, "baby-making" love themed cuts. After enjoying this track, I became very interested in hearing more records by Connors, and with this newly found interest, I also picked up the This Is Your Life LP which seemed to come out shortly after the Romantic Journey record. With one listen, I immediately fell in love with the more laid back "Love-boat" grooving opener in "Stella". Even though it's still not really dancefloor friendly, I find that it's just the kind of song I would love to hear on a hot Sunday afternoon. Regardless, I was finally won over by Mr. Connors and his Starship Orchestra with these two cuts.

Norman Connors - Once I've Been There
Norman Connors - Stella

Share on Facebook

No comments: