Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Some Heavy Tambourine Shaking

Here is a solid disco re-edit by Ashley Beedle of Inner City Express's 1978 version of "Dance And Shake Your Tambourine". This edit was released last year as a twelve-inch single by the Disco Deviance label, which continues to release quality re-edits. Up until this edit was released, I didn't realize that another disco group besides The Universal Robot Band did a rendition of "Dance And Shake Your Tambourine". That being said, I really enjoy this edit which includes some nice percussion work. Hope you enjoy as well.

Inner City Express - Dance And Shake Your Tambourine
(Ashley Beedle Re-Edit)

Share on Facebook

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm...The Universal Robot Band's version still rocks.

Pat Les Stache said...

I agree, The Universal Robot Band's original version is still my personal choice. That being said, The Universal Robot Band, in my opinion is one of the more solid disco groups to come out of the late 1970's.

Pat Les Stache said...

I agree, The Universal Robot Band's original version is still my personal choice. That being said, The Universal Robot Band, in my opinion is one of the more solid disco groups to come out of the late 1970's.

Anonymous said...

seconded. love the universal robot band, esp. Barely Breakin' Even and Freak with me.

the flip of this edit, Beedle's take on the Andrea True Connection's "Party Line" is terrific as well.

Anonymous said...

Like the redesign. looks great

DJ Dex Denver said...

there is still another verison of "dance and shake...".
unfortunately i can't post it, it's not in my collection,
it was made of "The Lovemachine" and the titel was "Funky tambourine"...
it's more euro-disco and in my opinion the best interpretation.
i knew this one because of a german broadcast pop-show...

greeting . Dex Denver

http://dex-denver.blogspot.com/

DJ Dex Denver said...

here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFKqAVOFiV0&feature=PlayList&p=90F6D5FC04D9089F&playnext=1&index=2

much fun!

Pat Les Stache said...

I'm loving this "Lovemachine" version on YouTube, thanks!

Mr.Devlin said...

cool tune

.........man... z share is possibly the most annoying peice of shit website ever.

Mr.Devlin said...

cool tune

.........man... z share is possibly the most annoying peice of shit website ever.