Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm A Bad Bad Boy

This past weekend I was excited to pick-up a copy of Theo Vaness's 1979 disco classic Bad Bad Boy LP. I already owned his other two amazing LP's Back to Music and his 1979 self-titled classic that featured my personal favorite "I Can't Dance Without You". I've been looking for this record for awhile, especially because the record contains two of my favorite Vaness tracks in "I'm A Bad Bad Boy" and "As Long As It's Love" which also happen to be well-known disco gay anthems from back in the day. The record also contains other solid cuts like "Sentimentally It's You ", "Love Me Now" and "No Romance Keep On Dancing" making it a nice find for a weekend of record digging. I'm definitely looking forward to playing a few cuts from this record tonight at STUDIO!.

Theo Vaness - I'm A Bad Bad Boy

Share on Facebook

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, wait a minute! You just got married, are you trying to send us "subtle hints" through your song selections here???

Just kidding! Congratulations!

I like this song a lot!

RayRay said...

Thanks for posting this! One of the best albums from 1979. And I still don't understand why it's not available on CD.

Pat Les Stache said...

I also forgot to mention that Ray Mang just released a new re-edit of 'I'm a Bad Bad Boy', which sounds great!

Unknown said...

The 'Bad Bad Boy' album cover is from the American (Prelude) release.

The original (Dutch) cover on the RCA label can be found on the great Fonos site (www.fonos.nl), where two of Theo's albums can still be purchased today (only in dutch though)!

You may also want to check out Theo's site: http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~vaness/m2s2.html

Anonymous said...

I'd LOVE to hear his stuff in Dutch!

-Freddy in P'town