Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Jungle In My Mind

If you have listened to a number of my edits, you will find that I have a thing for animal and jungle atmospheric sound effects. I love this idea of a disco located somewhere in the deep hidden terrains of a tropical jungle. A song that captures that ascents is the Kongas'(featuring Cerrone and Alec R. Costandinos) 1978 funky disco gem "Jungle". This rendition of the track appears on the group's Anikana-O LP. An earlier, more raw version of the song can also be found on the group's 1974 self-title outing, however the track lacks the same disco appeal and production quality that I feel the later version posses, which probably has to do with the fact that Tom Moulton handled the records overall mixing. Jungle is just one of the many great songs on the record, which also includes funky disco classics like "Kongas Fun" and the self-titled track "Anikana-O". Overall, the entire album, in my mind, is one of the best records that both Cerrone and Alec R. Costandinos have collaborated on and one I highly recommend snatching up when you get the chance. I'm currently finishing up an edit of the "Jungle" track for Cabana Disco vol.5. Look for it on this site in the coming month. Enjoy the Jungle!

Kongas - Jungle


Share on Facebook

No comments: