Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Afro Disco Boogie

One of my favorite re-edit releases of 2010 is Guynamite and Nik Weston's Afro Disco Boogie Edits Vol.01. This funky twelve-inch was released on Guynamite(aka Guy Benton) and Weston's joint label Guynamukat. The record was the first of a series of re-edit releases by the Guynamukat label that focus's on Guynamite and Weston's much in-demand African disco and boogie edits. The first volume in the series features three superb edits including "Sexy Sexy Lady", "Enjoy Your Life ", and my personal favorite "Looking After Number 1". With all the buzz that I continue to hear regarding this limited edition re-edit series, one thing is definately certain, these records will move very quickly. Therefore, I highly recommend snatching up these twelves why they are still around for the taking. While many re-edit series come and go, some have the ability to leave their mark and become a valuable resource for deejays and music lovers. Guynamukat's Afro Disco Boogie Edits is definately one of those valuable and notable series. Enjoy!

Guynamukat - Looking After Number 1(The Revenge Of Mark E Edit)



You can purchase Afro Disco Boogie Edits Vol.01 by Clicking Here.

Share on Facebook

5 comments:

José-Luis said...

Thanks for the all the music! Been a fan for many months, and your selections have played for countless dinner parties, study sessions, chilling-out nights...thank you!

Thurston Howell III said...

This tune sounds a bit weird to me...it seems to slow and speed up in parts.

Is that the way the original was, or just the edits?

I like the part from 3:46 to the end, that part alone should be edited and extended!

jimmy jazz said...

Thx for posting this! Love the song.

But before I buy it, I also need the answer to Thurston Howell's question.

fritz the cat said...

I don't think I like all those pitches changes. I'm sure they thought they were being clever and ironic, but it just doesn't work for me. Thanks for sharing it anyway

all the other stuff you posted is great though :-)

Anonymous said...

What's with all the pitch changes? Are they present only in the sample or also in the original?