Monday, January 22, 2007

Electro Samba

One record that took me awhile to discover was Antena's Camino Del Sol 12". I noticed it in everybody's Top Releases of 2006, and I knew I would have to give it a listen. And after listening to a minute of both Joakim's and Todd Terje re-edits, I would agree that this was one of the tope releases of 2006. Basically, this release is an electro-samba classic from 1982 that was recently re-issued on Permanent Vacation. This Parisian band consisted of three females, including Isabelle Powaga(AKA Isabelle Antena), a french jazz singer who started her career with Les Disques du Crepuscule and toured with Paul Haig, Tuxedomoon and Cabaret Voltaire. I would recommend buying both the remix 12" and the full-length Camino Del Sol.

Antena - Camino Del Sol(Todd Terje Remix)

Share on Facebook

1 comment:

sam drade said...

tum dum dum... viva brazil!
.D