Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Night Vision

One of the most anticipated albums of 2007 has to be the new 2020 Vision released LP, Night Vision from Belgium's Spirit Catcher. Therefore you can only imagine how excited I was when I got my hands on a promo copy of the album. At first glance I noticed that this album is more like a compilation of Spirit Catcher's greatest work combined with some fresh new material, including classics like "Space Crash", "Voodoo Knight", "Roller Coaster", and "Sweet Deal", along with new tracks "Night Vision", "Motown Spring", and "Harmonize". The standout track in my opinion is the cosmic driven "Hidden Memories", which is a seven minute galactic journey that can definately keep the star voyager moving. Overall, I think that this is one of the best release's so far this year, as you get many classic Spirit Catcher cuts, while getting a taste of the future. I believe this LP is going to be released in March, however if you can't wait that long, I would reccommend buying the self-titled single, I know I did.

Spirit Catcher - Hidden Memories
Spirit Catcher - Night Vision

Share on Facebook

1 comment:

DJ KL said...

This is supersweet. I just went on a crazy interweb journey started by hearing a stand out track on the Feb 19th installment of U-Tern's radio show One Day Later... took me a while to work out it was Spirit Catcher's "Sweet Deal", and then using hype found your site. I am so going to get this album, it's brilliant stuff. Cheers, KL.