Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

With it being Cinco De Mayo, I thought I would upload a couple of latin disco tracks from one of my personal favorite and most influential latin artists Joe Bataan. The first being Bataan's 1973 instrumental classic "Latin Strut". This funky track was originally featured on his break-through Salsoul LP. The second featured track, "Mestizo", originates from one of his later Salsoul Records releases Rap-O Clap-O in 1980. This later-day Bataan "feel-good" disco classic has a lot more focus on the song's overall vocals, however with that being said, the song still consists of that signature "Bataan-Salsoul" sound that makes most his music so great in my opinion. Enjoy and have a happy Cinco De Mayo!

Joe Bataan - Latin Strut
Joe Bataan - Mestizo









After I posted this, I decided to include another one of my other favorite cuts from this amazing artist, this time "The Bottle (La Botella)". You can't ever get enough of MR. Bataan in my opinion. Enjoy!

Joe Bataan - The Bottle

Share on Facebook

1 comment:

dsfdsf said...

Nice selection again.

"Latin Strut" was on edition #2 of the soul/funk/disco/etc podcast I'm involved with: http://thebestcutsofmusic.blogspot.com

Once again, nice choices!