Wednesday, February 10, 2010

They Call Him Slick

My apologies for not getting a post up yesterday. It was a very busy and slightly stressful day. I guess that's just life sometimes. Anyways, here is a Theo Parrish edit I've been wanting to post for quite sometime of Willie Hutch's 1973 funky classic "Slick". This nine minute-plus edit is featured on volume seven of his outstanding Ugly Edits series. This edit over time, has easily become one of my all-time favorites from Parrish and his Ugly Edits collection. The original version was featured on Hutch's outstanding blaxploitation soundtrack, The Mack. Here we find Theo Parrish re-arranging a true classic, adding a touch of his own flavor, and making an already great song even that much better. Enjoy!

Willie Hutch - Slick (Theo Parrish Re-Edit)


Share on Facebook

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oooooohhhhh
I need it
todoodootoooo oh yeah ho

professor Eddy said...

I thought the name of the post was 'they call him sick'... That drew my attention, but i wasn't disappointed at all when I listened to this extremely nice edit! Willie Hutch is perhaps a little bit underrated as a soul and disco singer. He did quite a good job on the Foxy Brown soundtrack as well. The title track is one of the best soul songs ever! Check it out on cd or watch the dvd with Pam Grier as the leading lady.