Thursday, June 03, 2010

Cosmic Sands

The fourth volume of the Cabana Disco series continues to receive great reviews and press. I've decided to do a re-pressing of the record as the twelve-inch has been selling quickly in many of the record shops. You can still find a few copies at Piccadilly and Phonica. Even as the release of volume four is less than a month old, it's never too early to start planning on the next volume in the series. One of the tracks that I plan on including on the next Cabana Disco record is a re-edit I recently did of Ashra's 1979 cut "Bamboo Sands". This edit is a slight departure from many of the edits that I've included on the past few records, however I've been wanting to do a re-edit of this track, which has a great overall cosmic feel, for quite sometime. For those that might not know, Ashra was a group that cosmic mastermind Manuel Göttsching played in during the late seventies. As always, I would love to hear everyone's feedback. Enjoy!

Ashra - Bamboo Sands (Pat Les Stache Re-Edit)


Share on Facebook

No comments: