Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Riding the Funky Titanic

With the much-anticipated upcoming release of Danny Krivit's re-edit record Edits By Mr. K Vol.02 being only a few weeks away, I thought I would post Krivit's re-edit of Titanic's early seventies psychedelic rock classic "Sultana". This heavy funk rock re-edit was originally released on Ibadan Record's 2002 Space Lab Yellow Phase 2 compilation, which I mentioned in a post(see More Mwana) early last week. Krivit really does a nice job here, extending the original, which is only about four minutes in length, and making the song much more friendly to play out. The funky edit reminds me a lot of an early Barrabas song, having an overall Latin rock feel to the entire track. Even though this track won't be included on Krivit's upcoming release, this funky psychedelic rock re-edit continues to be one of my favorites from the legendary deejay. Enjoy!

Titanic - Sultana (Danny Krivit Re-edit)


Share on Facebook

2 comments:

rob said...

thank you tj: funky as f**k

RPHN said...

Thanks, funky edit!


I have made an edit of this myself, check it out if you want to: http://soundcloud.com/bogstad_diskoensemble/titanic-sultana-bogstad-diskoensemble-edit